What's new

Problem connecting mail server with Outlook 2013

CAMILLE

have a new surface pro4 cannot get outlook to work on it. All other programs in office pro seem to work. outlook will not take my settings. cannot find server

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
have a new surface pro4 cannot get outlook to work on it. All other programs in office pro seem to work. outlook will not take my settings. cannot find server
We need a whole bunch more info if we are going to help you troubleshoot -

Email Provider - Corporate, Office 365, Outlook.com (aka Hotmail), ISP, GMAIL, etc.

Did you manually configure or auto configure?

convergent

@jnjroach , you didn't ask which he did (manual or auto), you asked if he did (manual or auto). So you get a very informative "yes" answer.

@CAMILLE , you have got to help us help you... a little more specific information about your situation would be useful. Imagine asking an auto mechanic what is wrong with your car and the only thing you tell them is that its a BMW and it doesn't work.

OP
C

CAMILLE

@jnjroach , you didn't ask which he did (manual or auto), you asked if he did (manual or auto). So you get a very informative "yes" answer.

@CAMILLE , you have got to help us help you... a little more specific information about your situation would be useful. Imagine asking an auto mechanic what is wrong with your car and the only thing you tell them is that its a BMW and it doesn't work.

OP
C

CAMILLE

i put Microsoft office on my surface pro 4.. i can get to the internet and get the surface mial to work. When i try to start outlook it will not find my server and i get error messages. I tried both auto and manually putting in the information for the pop 3 and the smtp information.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
OP
C

CAMILLE

i cannot even get out look to come up. I click on the icon and do the setup but then it says it cannot find the server. I have tried manually and auto. It is the same info as on my surface 3 and other computers that i put. does me no good to click on the link office support you provided because i cannot open outlook to get to the file to repair.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like either your server address is incorrect, or your company or service provided has blocked Outlook from accessing it.

Is your account POP3, IMAP, or Exchange?

OP
C

CAMILLE

it is a pop3.it works on my surface 3 works on desktop works on phone and ipad only does not work on surface pro 4 all is updated i can get the mail on surface pro 4 through mail but not through outlook my program is in Microsoft office 2013

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
it is a pop3.it works on my surface 3 works on desktop works on phone and ipad only does not work on surface pro 4 all is updated i can get the mail on surface pro 4 through mail but not through outlook my program is in Microsoft office 2013
Delete the Outlook profile from the Legacy Control Panel by selecting the Mail Icon and set it up fresh....

upload_2017-8-7_9-47-14.png

Just to be sure, are your settings"
pop3.live.com
smtp.live.com
Your email address
Your password
Requires Authorization box checked
995 SSL
587 TLS