What's new

ProcThrottleMax, Powercfg setting

Cothek

I just ran a few tests using the firmware update from today and things look much worse. Firestrike dropped about 100 points and throttling has changed again, but for the worse as well.

Cothek

I just ran a few tests using the firmware update from today and things look much worse. Firestrike dropped about 100 points and throttling has changed again, but for the worse as well.

So apparently there was no real firmware update but my computer decided to install the 8-19 update again and that fubar-ed a bunch of things. So if you see that in windows update again don't install.

obmotum

My problem is, that the GPU Freq stays at 599MHz on AC. Why is that? I'm running Minecraft in Fullscreen Mode and i'm tring to achieve Higher FPS. I limited the CPU to 1.7 GHz, because i hoped that the GPU Freq will rise. Even with an additional fan it stays at 599 MHz. And my Surface Fan is allways running

Cothek

My problem is, that the GPU Freq stays at 599MHz on AC. Why is that? I'm running Minecraft in Fullscreen Mode and i'm tring to achieve Higher FPS. I limited the CPU to 1.7 GHz, because i hoped that the GPU Freq will rise. Even with an additional fan it stays at 599 MHz. And my Surface Fan is allways running

You have an i7?

obmotum

Sorry, totally forgot to mention it. Yes i have the i7 Model.

- edit -
I See, i haven't installed the Firmware 19.08.2014. I got my Sp3 today :)
Should I install it?

Cothek

Not to hijack this thread but I posted the low GPU speeds for i7's issue on the MS community forums here. Add you two cents and maybe we can get MS to respond or at least stealth fix the problem.

obmotum

Not to hijack this thread but I posted the low GPU speeds for i7's issue on the MS community forums here. Add you two cents and maybe we can get MS to respond or at least stealth fix the problem.

I think you got the screenshots wrong, the top one show 600+ GPU Clock but you says it stays at 599MHz and the other shows 599MHz but you say it is a i5 with 600+ MHz :)

Cothek

I think you got the screenshots wrong, the top one show 600+ GPU Clock but you says it stays at 599MHz and the other shows 599MHz but you say it is a i5 with 600+ MHz :)

That's just the reading at the moment the screenshot was taken. If you look at the lines of the graphs corresponding to GPU Freq then you'll see that the i7 stays at 599 or less while the i5 consistently goes over 600.