What's new

projecting screen and audio funkyness

toaf

anyone figure out a easy way to deal with the audio while projecting screen? i can get it to work but it's a game of disabling sound cards often

OP
toaf

toaf

surface pro 2 and the silliness starts projecting to the tv. then of course going back to default speakers. thanks for the reply. i normally figure small things like this out.

Arizona Willie

Miracasting. That's the whole idea is to get away from cables.
Also to not have to purchase a Microsoft adapter. Shouldn't be needed.

I can get the screen of the Surface to mirror to the TV for a second or two and then the tv screen goes blank.
It seems to think it < is > mirroring the Surface ... but no signal is getting through.
Something stops it.
Question is what.
It starts and then just stops.

are you miracasting or using cables?

OP
toaf

toaf

thanks for the reply GAvin.... seems to be mirrorcasting audio issues with what soundcard is being used

Have you tried switching to the official yet unofficial intel drivers (manual install) as it has a lot more options for seclnd screens. though, i have never miracasted so not sure

Arizona Willie

Yep, I downloaded a utility from Intel that checks your system for drivers for Intel equipment and downloads and installs the latest drivers.

Jumped through all those hoops. Latest video drivers, latest adapter drivers etc. etc. etc.

I < suspect > it may be because Sony hasn't whitelisted Microsoft ... only Android and fruity equipment.
Perhaps part of the war between Sony and Microsoft.

Have you tried switching to the official yet unofficial intel drivers (manual install) as it has a lot more options for seclnd screens. though, i have never miracasted so not sure

OP
toaf

toaf

why do i feel like my thread has been hijacked , its like 2 conversations are going on

Arizona Willie

Ahh, the Internet is a rough and tumble place.

We stray from the original subject in a stream of conciousness parade of issues. :(

Mea culpa mea culpa mea maxima culpa

New2ToMe

surface pro 2

I have an SP2 and two miracast devices in use. An iPazzport and Push2TV, I also have the Belkin POS and one other, the name of which escapes me at the moment. I have both desired devices plugged into my Receiver (HDMI x 4 inputs) and both pass HDMI video with sound to the 5+1 system.

The Miracast video works fine with both, but the sound is terrible with the iPazzport and the sub-title lag is abysmal. The Push2TV works perfectly, but it has it's own frailties too. Reliability is not one of the high points of the Push and occasional jerky video is the norm. You may fare better with a msoft Miracast dongle at about twice the price.

Having spent more than enough on Miracast dongles I will tolerate these two. I keep the iPazzport as it woks better with my Moto-X in Casting mode although the sound is nowhere near as good as the Push, but the Moto-X is not happy with the Push.

Since getting a Fire-TV-Stick, I rarely use Miracast now. If Fire had a Crackle app I would be happy, but alas, Amaozn only has an Fire-Tablet Android version. :) I may try to side load that to the Fire stick.

Arizona Willie

I have no intention of buying any kind of dongle / adapter.

My Surface Pro is able to display the screen on the tv for a second or two which proves it DOES NOT NEED AN ADAPTER.

If it needed an adapter it would never be able to show on the tv screen at all.
Period.

Since it can, and does indeed mirror to the tv for a brief period, that means SOMETHING is stopping the mirroring that had already begun.
The tv is sitting there with a black screen and it < thinks > it is mirroring --- just not getting a signal.
So either the Surface Pro tablet is stopping the mirroring ( Microsoft's fault ) or the tv is comparing the source of the mirroring to its list of allowed devices and saying ' whoa wait a minute the Surface Pro isn't on the list of approved devices so I can't let you mirror ' and stopping the video signal but not exiting mirror mode.

Since it will work if I only BUY ANOTHER PIECE OF MICROSOFT EQUIPMENT -- their adapter --- it appears to me that Microsoft has deliberately stopped the Miracasting to force us to buy their adapter.

The tv is still in mirror mode and DID show the Surface Pro screen until the Surface Pro stopped transmitting a valid signal.
Microsoft has the Surface transmitting some < modified > signal that requires the adapter to work.

I blame Microsoft completely at this time. Because they are the ones who profit with this setup.

I don't NEED to mirror to the tv but it would be nice to be able to.

Since I believe Microsoft has done this deliberately to force us to buy adapters --- they can stick it where the sun don't shine.