What's new

ProKase

mennogreg

Active Member
Joined
Dec 24, 2013
Messages
188
Points
28
Don't know how many here have heard about this (probably common knowledge among most of you!), but there's a new surface pro 1/2 case that has a built-in hub (3 USB 3.0 ports, CF card reader, SD card reader and a greater degree of screen adjustability) due to be released later this month. Not for everyone, as it looks to add a bit to the overall thickness, but good enough perhaps for those of us who need a mobile workstation on occasion and don't want to deal with a spider's nest of cables. I purchased one and will let you all know how it is when (or if!) I get it.

ProKASE - Mobile Dock for the Microsoft Surface Pro & Surface Pro 2 | Indiegogo
 
Thanks for sharing this. I will keep an eye on this as it looks like the best option currently available!
 
Like it in theory, but have to just wonder if I want and need a case like this, why not just carry my laptop or an ultrabook? Keep us posted when you receive the case, would love to hear your thoughts!

Thanks for sharing, I had yet to see this.
 
Looks cool. But rather bulky. I'm buying a hub for 7 euros on Amazon and just leaving it at work. At home I don't have a need to really use the tablet for more than 1 USB device at a time. But we'll see. I have a carrying case + my type keyboard (and a screen protector just in case hehe).

But it does look like a nice case solution! I'm not not too interested in because it looks really bulky and there goes my slim padded carrying case. I don't like these kinds of cases because dust can get into it and scratch the sides and back. That's why I prefer a different kind of case.

I bought this one: Kensington Soft Carrying Case for 10 inch Tablets: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

Rather in expensive and really nice innards.
 
Back
Top