What's new

Solved Replacement of pen peak

phill

Is it possible to replace surface pro 3 N-trig pen peak ?
Indeed after having done some works with it, I think the pen peak will wear out very quickly.

Zog1971

Indeed after having done some works with it, I think the pen peak will wear out very quickly.
Hi phill. Not sure where you are, but here in the states I was able to contact Microsoft Support and complain about how quickly the pen nib was wearing down and they didn't hesitate to send me 3 nib replacements for free. They do wear quickly, but happy they sent the replacements. I imagine at some point they will start selling them, but for now, contact MS support.

malberttoo

Hi Phil, welcome to the forum.

If you contact Surface Support, as Zog1971 said, they will indeed send you free nib replacements.

Wiidesire

In Europe this is not yet possible. Many of us "ordered" the replacement nibs and what we got is a brand new pen with a battery.

Gary.M

I have just been in touch with Microsoft support here in the UK wanting a replacement nib as mine is wearing down a little on one side and I am being sent a complete new pen :D

Zog1971

Hey. Maybe us in the US can make a deal with you guys over in Europe. How about swapping a pen for 3 brand new pen tips.
I like this idea. :) I have a tiny bag of 3 nibs ready for immediate international shipping!! Just send me your shiny new pen. :)

rege0039

Not sure it will work, I just asked in the UK and have been told I will be shipped a pack of three replacement nibs. Must have sorted stock out !

Gary.M

As a follow up to my post above, my replacement pen arrived today from the Netherlands, took 3 days not counting the weekend. It's great but I would have been happy with replacement nibs - strange that they sent me a £44.99 replacement instead lol

Liam2349

In the states they send nibs - so far, outside of the states all I've heard of is new pens. I received a new pen.

Wiidesire

I just talked to the Microsoft Surface Support again and they say I'll get my 3 nibs now in Germany. Let's see how it turns out. Worst case I am getting a third pen..^^