What's new

Solved Restart loop

Aldec

Like you said it's complicated... here's the knife in the back... because it came with 8.1 you can only download an 8.1 Recovery Image (dear MS please change this) so Id recommend using the W10 Media Creation Tool downloading the Windows 10 installation image and the Surface firmware & driver pack. Then you can wipe the disk on your Surface and install Windows 10 and update it. Oh wait... did Windows 10 ever activate on your Surface? if it did then there's no worries. If it didn't ever activate then it's more complicated... ;)

use that Dubai shore time to get you a working entertainment system :)
Interesting reading your above post....a pity from my point of view as only yesterday I returned my Pro 4 to be "repaired"
Booting was impossible...could open EUFI but nothing worked....downloaded on another computer the W10 Media Creation Tool and chose "for a different computer".
Copied to a USB stick and inserted in Pro4....this informed no Drivers available.....so came to a full stop not knowing there was a Surface firmware & Driver pack.
To add to my knowledge would installing the above pack have allowed me access to the SP4.... in order to wipe the disk and then install the ISO?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Interesting reading your above post....a pity from my point of view as only yesterday I returned my Pro 4 to be "repaired"
Booting was impossible...could open EUFI but nothing worked....downloaded on another computer the W10 Media Creation Tool and chose "for a different computer".
Copied to a USB stick and inserted in Pro4....this informed no Drivers available.....so came to a full stop not knowing there was a Surface firmware & Driver pack.
To add to my knowledge would installing the above pack have allowed me access to the SP4.... in order to wipe the disk and then install the ISO?
I would have thought the iso would allow a basic install at least but I have run into some issues b4 so what Id do is use DISM to integrate the drivers into the Install image.

Add and Remove Drivers to an Offline Windows Image

Or you can add drivers during setup Add Device Drivers to Windows During Windows Setup

Also in the Media Creation tool use 64bit only for a Surface USB... I don't remember the issue but I did both 32&64 once and it failed.

robin.rarugal05

I did it, I press the volume up + power button and it brought me to the uefi settings, I exit, then it just shows surface logo" > 64% > BLACKSCREEN > "surface logo > 64% > BLACKSCREEN... nothing happened, its keeps on restarting. And now ive tried the volume down button while exiting to the uefi settings and it shows nothing too, it still "surface logo" > 64% > BLACKSCREEN > "surface logo > 64% > BLACKSCREEN......... On and so on...
Trust me ive tried that "volume down and up button thing-tips" but its useless, im stuck to the surface logo" > 64% > BLACKSCREEN > "surface logo > 64% > BLACKSCREEN........
Ok, quickly just to be sure ...
Hold the power button for at least 30 seconds.
Then hold the volume UP button and press the power button, keep holding the Volume UP
you should see the UEFI screen.
Then exit and it should reboot.
If this end in the reboot cycle again repeat the process and hold the Volume Down button when exiting UEFI to attempt booting to the recovery partition.
If you get into Recovery (I'm not sure of the wording ) do a refresh or reset and KEEP files.
The reason I say keep files because the other option will remove all files and if it works you'll have a device with nothing on it which wont help you much ;-)
You may have already done this I just wanted to make sure we did these steps before going into anything more detailed.

Aldec

I would have thought the iso would allow a basic install at least but I have run into some issues b4 so what Id do is use DISM to integrate the drivers into the Install image.

Add and Remove Drivers to an Offline Windows Image

Or you can add drivers during setup Add Device Drivers to Windows During Windows Setup

Also in the Media Creation tool use 64bit only for a Surface USB... I don't remember the issue but I did both 32&64 once and it failed.
Thank you for info.

robin.rarugal05

READ READ READ!!!! Finally My surface pro 3 is working again!!! This is what happened:
My friend bought a laptop and he made a USB Recovery drive.
I borrowed it & put the USB Recovery drive to my SP3.
Guess what?
It worked!!!! :D
Atlast im not stuck to the restart loop, what happened is I just followed the instructions on the screen via recovery drive.
I removed all the files then it took 15 to 20 minutes to removed all of it... and then I shut down my SP3.
Then i installed Windows 10. (thank God I had a windows 10 on my hard drive that i've just download, and burn on my other 16gb USB via Rufus.)
so what happened is: the screen is back to the loop cycle
,but this time..
its moving!
I've waited until it finished to configured, it restart two times but its normal because its part of the process.
probably 45 minutes after...
My sp3 is BACK!!!!!
Its now working once again BUT as usual surface pro 3 has an issues, one of the issues is the wifi.
@GreyFox7 and to somebody whom might be reading this...
Do you have Any solutions about this??? I don't have a wifi (marvall avastar is not working properly it says on the screen via device manager > network adapter. And on the settings it says no wifi devices detected. And on the shortcuts button when you slide your finger to the right side there is no Bluetooth button and wifi button)
What is the problem with this? What to do? Am I going to download another files, software, firmware, wifi device, Bluetooth device??? Anyone?
Thanks for the response (just a hope that it can be fix and I will be relief)