What's new

RT Won't Update

lisahiggins24

I am trying to install a new app. It won't let me due to "lack of memory" . I have deleted many files, and it shows that there is memory left, but it still won't install. I have also tried to do a Windows update, but it just gets stuck on the downloading updates screen. I have rebooted several times.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I am trying to install a new app. It won't let me due to "lack of memory" . I have deleted many files, and it shows that there is memory left, but it still won't install. I have also tried to do a Windows update, but it just gets stuck on the downloading updates screen. I have rebooted several times.
Run disk clean up and include System Files - you need at least 4GB of free space....

kundas1

also put your recovery on a USB and delete it afterwards to give you 4-7 GB of free space... that's what I had to do on my Surface 2
here is a good vid on how to make a recover USB for RT

MrMrMr

How do you delete the recovery partition on the surface after copying to a USB drive? Is the recovery partition using 4Gb and I'll get another 4Gb free space for apps etc afterwards?