What's new

Touch cover 2 woes

Henri

Hello,

My first post here!

I have a 32GB RT and I use a Touch Cover 2 as the keyboard. Sometimes the device won't recognize the keyboard and the buttons (and sometimes even the touchpad) won't register. This is easily remedied by detaching/reattaching the keyboard, but it's still annoying, especially if I'm trying to impress somebody with my (awesome) Surface rig.

Does anybody else have this same problem and is there an easy or common solution? I seem to have all the updates installed at the moment.

-Henri

jimkraz

I had that problem too, I have a Surface Pro and thought I could use same keyboard with both, ended up getting another original touch keyboard.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If you have run Windows Update with the keyboard attached you should have all the updates, if not then be sure to do it with the keyboard attached.

You could try uninstalling the device from Device Manager then let it redetect and reinstall they keyboard.

I have seen that problem on rare occasions before and detach/reattach seems to clear it up. make sure there is nothing stuck in the connector. cleaning the contacts with a dry soft cloth or dry toothbrush might help, sparing use of rubbing alcohol is optional.

jrioux

I don't know if this is the same or a similar issue, but today when I used my RT as a tablet, the virtual keyboard sometimes wouldn't display. In IE, the RT didn't even show the bottom ribbon to launch the virtual keyboard. This is the first time that this has happened. Could it be an "undocumented feature" of a recent update?

stlbud

I've had similar problems with the keypad and touchpad since the very beginning. I don't believe Microsoft ever fully resolved all the driver issues associated with the position of the keypad on Surface RT. Some early problems were resolved but others persisted until I traded it in last week.