What's new

Running Background Apps

I have a SFP3 i5. After installing a few apps I encountered an issue where If i wanted to install one more app It will only be allowed to run in the background if I removed another app. It seems that the limit is 7 apps running in the back ground. Is this correct ? Or is it only for showing lockscreen notifications? What about updating live tiles?

I cant find any information on this. It seems ridiculous to only allow 7 apps. Every app runs in the background these days.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a SFP3 i5. After installing a few apps I encountered an issue where If i wanted to install one more app It will only be allowed to run in the background if I removed another app. It seems that the limit is 7 apps running in the back ground. Is this correct ? Or is it only for showing lockscreen notifications? What about updating live tiles?

I cant find any information on this. It seems ridiculous to only allow 7 apps. Every app runs in the background these days.
That's just the Lockscreen configuration

When a new app is installed and I run it for the first time, it asks to run in the background and that it needs to be in the lock screen quick statuses. If I say no or the list for lockscreen is already full, will the app still run in the background, update live tiles, get push notifications ?