What's new

Solved Screen blinks momentarily plugging in power supply

tarrant64

Whenever I plug in or unplug my power supply for my SP3 the screen goes black momentarily and comes back. I would imagine it's changing some kind of screen setting - but my SP2 did not do this and it's slightly annoying.

Can someone tell me if this is normal or there's a power setting I can change to adjust this?

Thanks

vxm

hey!

I can't answer your question, but I noticed same thing with my SP3- I'd appreciate if someone could shed some light on that matter :)

Its part of the default Microsoft tuned Intel display drivers (which you can disable if you install them manually)
basically on battery power it switches to a 48hz refresh rate and on power it switches to 59

vxm

Ha, quite a surprise. Indeed I had different frequencies set depending on whether AC was connected or not. In my case, however, display driver is unofficial, i.e. not obtained through windows update. I went for new drivers from Intel and I've installed them manually- probably it's Intel's idea to change refresh rates then. Thank you GAvin!

Ha, quite a surprise. Indeed I had different frequencies set depending on whether AC was connected or not. In my case, however, display driver is unofficial, i.e. not obtained through windows update. I went for new drivers from Intel and I've installed them manually- probably it's Intel's idea to change refresh rates then. Thank you GAvin!

No problem . and ya, I wish I could fix my stoopid doofus user name fubar

ptrkhh

Right click on the desktop, click "Graphics Properties", then click "Power", click on the upper text that says "Power", and select "On Battery". Now disable the refresh rate switching