What's new

Screen randomly cracked overnight

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Today I received my new Surface. All I can say is - Microsoft, I am completely sold. Thank you.

The assembly on this device is perfect so I hope this is the last time I'll have to service.

Great to hear. You shouldn't be so surprised at MS customer service for the surface though. they are bending over backwards to please, and as a result, I do not hesitate to recommend the surface to everyone. I had a pen, side buttons were a little iffy, brand new pen in the post same day, not even a request for any kind of proof as to the issue or to return the old one (which now works fine again) and then I had a very sparodic issue with thee charerg where occasionally if the cable were touched, it would stop charging. Again, no proof of anything, no request for me to return it, new charger in the post free of charge.

OP
A

Alex_Z

they are bending over backwards to please, and as a result, I do not hesitate to recommend the surface to everyone

I'm much the same now. In terms of reliability, this device is very bad (at least based on my experiences) but the support is so good that I'm willing to continue using the Surface rather than selling it while it's still new. I think getting a device with a cracked screen replaced on warranty is as good as support is going to get.