What's new

Broken screen

federick777

Hi, I'm here to ask you a suggestion about my sp3. Unluckily my device, out of warranty, got broken: the screen it's cracked and also the touchscreen doesn't work anymore. Do you think it worth replacing the screen? my doubt is not economic, I'm afraid it will not be resistant.

Thank you!

OP
F

federick777

well, I hope you're right! I'm afraid because my sp3 screen has broken in a strange way: I've used it for an hour, then I put in on the table on charge with his cover on, no one touched it, and I find it broken!

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The (old) glue may have been warmed and pliable under one part of the screen, and still holding cooler and tight on another part. With non-use over a period of time, glue may have broken down or thinned.

Should not have happened, but that is a theory.

Wayne Orwig

Look for a bulge in the case or screen.
If the battery is starting to fail, it may swell up. (particularly while being charged) That may break the screen. If so, you need to replace the screen AND the battery. Do NOT continue to use a swollen battery. I suspect you can find someone that can replace the screen, and the battery if needed, for you if so.