What's new

Screen Timeout

ARosch

Is there a way to adjust how long the screen lasts before going black. I did some looking and found nothing, but perhaps I was looking in the wrong place.

Also, I have noticed when viewing PDFs that my screen will switch back and forth between bright and dim just randomly without me touching it or anything. Anyone else noticed this? Is there like an autobacklight setting that is somehow turned on?

Thanks.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If you can in the Power Control Panel from the Desktop and click on Plan Settings you can adjust the time out there...

J515OP

Super Moderator
And also the auto brightness, which yes there is. The sensor is next to the front camera so depending on you hand placement and the angle of the light the auto brightness is compensating.

bosamar

Also, I have noticed when viewing PDFs that my screen will switch back and forth between bright and dim just randomly without me touching it or anything. Anyone else noticed this? Is there like an autobacklight setting that is somehow turned on?

Charms Bar > Settings > Change PC settings > General > Screen > Adjust my screen brightness automatically (On or Off)