What's new

SD Card randomly disconnecting...

J515OP

Super Moderator
This has come up before in other threads. I believe the problem may be with the hardware and require a return.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

This has come up before in other threads. I believe the problem may be with the hardware and require a return.
You mean the SP is bad or the SD card? I doubt there are that many bad SD cards if it is getting lots of buzz. Feels to me more like a software bug since it reconnects after i reseat it.

ArnoldC

You mean the SP is bad or the SD card? I doubt there are that many bad SD cards if it is getting lots of buzz. Feels to me more like a software bug since it reconnects after i reseat it.
Some reported bad SD cards, a few returned the Surface due to bad spring load mechanism.

ZachBui

I had the same problem as well, and it was very stressful to deal with. For me what I had to do, was do a repair of the sd card itself. After it was successful, I had no problems with it since. Not sure if it will work in your case though.

ghost74

I had the same problem for the first couple weeks. However for the last couple of weeks it has worked fine. Not sure if I'm just getting lucky or the contacts/mechanism have "worn in".

Omni

I had this turned out to be the SD card. Looked fine but didn't stay connected. Luckily it was only a Samsung 8gb one.

SJL

Is there a spring loaded mechanism when you push in the card? Mine seems to go in then just stop, it doesn't 'click in'. It's recognised and I can access it, but after a while the card just goes offline.

Nicholas Fox

Is anyone else having issues with their SD Card randomly disconnecting and having to be reseated?
I think i’m kind of late with this post, but I have the same problem on my new Lenovo Miix 310. Sd may disconnect when reading it (for exaple listening to music) or writing (installing something). It reconnects if i restart windows ORdisconnect and then connect the keyboard (miix is a transformer) what is strange, because SD slot is in the actual tablet. I think that it’s windows’s problem and when i reconnect kb/restart it kind of refrshes device list and reconnects the SD but i still dont know gow to fix this pls help

Search tags for this page
micro sd keeps disconnecting

sd card keeps disconnecting

surface 2 microsd disconnects
surface 3 sd card keeps disconnecting
surface pro 3 loses sd card
surface pro disconnects sd card

surface pro sd card keeps disconnecting

surface pro sdxc disconnect
why does my sd card keep disconnecting
windows 10 sd card keeps disconnecting