What's new

Seattle Children's Hospital is replacing their Laptops with Surface Pro 3 Devices

kristalsoldier

Very nice!

Edit: One thing I would really like to see is a plain cover that can be hooked up instead of the Type Cover 3. The idea being that it could be used when taking notes and when the keyboard is not required because whichever way one looks at it, having the keys under one's fingers when the KB is flipped over when taking handwritten notes remains rather disconcerting!

Last edited:
OP
jnjroach

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
That is one of the reasons I use the Touch Cover, when I was using the Type Cover I would flip it backwards if I was going to use it in Tablet Mode any length of time.

Very nice!

Edit: One thing I would really like to see is a plain cover that can be hooked up instead of the Type Cover 3. The idea being that it could be used when taking notes and when the keyboard is not required because whichever way one looks at it, having the keys under one's fingers when the KB is flipped over when taking handwritten notes remains rather disconcerting!
When I flip my TypeCover behind my Surface 2, I end up detaching it, flipping it over and reattaching it for 2 reasons:

1) Repeated bending back and forward (forward to close, backward with keys out to hold as a tablet) adds additional stress to the hinge/crease on the keyboard.
2) Protects the keys from catching on clothing, dirt/grit embedding under the keys, etc.

I'd like to see a Touch Cover that supported overlays so that customer control layouts could be designed. Basically an end-user option for creating "custom blades" that were demonstrated last Sept.

mohcho

When I flip my TypeCover behind my Surface 2, I end up detaching it, flipping it over and reattaching it for 2 reasons:

1) Repeated bending back and forward (forward to close, backward with keys out to hold as a tablet) adds additional stress to the hinge/crease on the keyboard.
2) Protects the keys from catching on clothing, dirt/grit embedding under the keys, etc.

I'd like to see a Touch Cover that supported overlays so that customer control layouts could be designed. Basically an end-user option for creating "custom blades" that were demonstrated last Sept.

That's a good idea. Never thought about flipping it over.

As for protecting the keys from dirt/grit under the keys, I could see this of utmost importance in a hospital where germs live in droves.

mohcho

You think they paid full pop for them? I think there'd be a major sponsorship from Microsoft to have them switch and then do a big promo ad for the SP3.