What's new

Secure Boot Violation

jaekqubp

"Invalid signature detected. Check Secure Boot Policy in Setup."

I've been fooling around with some live CDs on my Surface Pro 1, and now when booting back to Windows I receive this error at boot. It seems to be a common problem however I have yet to resolve it. I've tried disabling and enabling TPM and secure boot, and enabling and disabling keys.
If anybody has a suggestion, or can point me in the right direction, that would be appreciated.

Additionally, I have some unwanted entries in my UEFI boot loader that I would like to get rid of, as well. This may be part of the problem.

Thanks in advance.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm guessing that any edits would likely result in a signature mismatch so it seems there would be a slim chance of fixing manually unless you had images of the partitions with something like Macrium Reflect to restore. A Reset would probably get you back to a good point.

OP
J

jaekqubp

A reset isn't really prudent at this time, for me. I'll continue to search out alternative fixes, as I'd like to know how to edit and/or remove UEFI boot entries in the future. Overall, the UEFI scheme strikes me as purposely limiting and frustrating.

Thanks much for your reply. I will post an update if I am able to resolve my problem without resetting the device.
I'm guessing that any edits would likely result in a signature mismatch so it seems there would be a slim chance of fixing manually unless you had images of the partitions with something like Macrium Reflect to restore. A Reset would probably get you back to a good point.

OP
J

jaekqubp

Hi, I just wanted to check in and see if anybody else that has had this problem and repaired it can chime in. I've tried the various MBR repair commands at the recovery prompt, but have yet to resolve the problem.

OP
J

jaekqubp

For those that come across this thread looking for an answer to the same problem, a full reset was the only solution that I could find to this problem.

Sent from my LGLS665 using Tapatalk