What's new

Sept 13 Update

Afy

My Surface keeps hanging at 45% and refuses to budge. Have gone through the routine of cleaning the cache after stopping Windows Update etc.. a couple of times without avail.

45% it is.. anyone else having a problem, or ideas of how to overcome this?

ilascu

My Surface keeps hanging at 45% and refuses to budge. Have gone through the routine of cleaning the cache after stopping Windows Update etc.. a couple of times without avail.

45% it is.. anyone else having a problem, or ideas of how to overcome this?
-------------------------------------------
I have the same problem !!!!

coolowl

Until last night/early this morning there were several updates listed that did not appear to download or install. So, last night I changed my power settings to not shut off for several hours. I then plugged in the charger, left the screen up and went to bed. This morning all the updates had installed. So, you might try doing something like that.

I had looked and looked for someway to force the updates to occur but never found anything. It seemed like there used to be an option to manually "Install Now" but I couldn't find it. So glad these updates finally installed. I didn't like seeing that "Failed Install" message next to about a dozen updates.

dcoplien

Mine has been sitting at 48% for several hours. I am not in power saving mode so I am glad to see I am not the only one with the hang up.

eKeith

Mine has been sitting at 48% for several hours. I am not in power saving mode so I am glad to see I am not the only one with the hang up.
Just reboot and check for updates again. I did, and it completed fine.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

sinha.sandy

I also had the problem, mine update was stuck at 48 %. I researched a bit and found that we have to stop the antivirus and defender. I did the same and update happened. I am happy now. [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk