What's new

So long, it's been fun...

Buelligan

WOW! On that site, configured as you say, it is $1778, So you got them to discount that thing $600, with a phone conversation!!! Now that is impressive! :-D

presidentk1

WOW! On that site, configured as you say, it is $1778, So you got them to discount that thing $600, with a phone conversation!!! Now that is impressive! :-D

I just configured it online now and its coming up as $1609.52
their prices change everyday

you don't even have to call, it was one of those online chat things
its kind of sketchy because you have to enter your credit card number in the chat with the rep, but I got my machine ahead of time, in perfect condition
so...no complaints here

Buelligan

Half of a pound lighter? Sorry but my math may be wrong but .2 lbs is less than a quarter pound difference, not over a half pound, slightly over stated there.

Helix Tablet weight : 1.8 lbs

Surface weight: 2 lbs

plus retail is more than a $600 difference especially with the new price drop!

Helix retail w/ 180 ssd : $1779, but apparently you can beat them down to $1200 if you call them.

SP w/type cover : $899(128GB) + $129 = $1029
Edit: Microsoft has a Pro bundle now - 128GB SP, Type Cover, 2 Year Complete warranty, Office Home & Student, INCIPIO Sleeve & Screen protector for only $1209 total!

Sorry, for $751 this is NOT a no brainer! :-D

Last edited:

Buelligan

I just configured it online now and its coming up as $1609.52
their prices change everyday

you don't even have to call, it was one of those online chat things
its kind of sketchy because you have to enter your credit card number in the chat with the rep, but I got my machine ahead of time, in perfect condition
so...no complaints here

Yeah with the "current" e-coupon, right this minute it is down to that. I was quoting retail.

But that is still a difference of $580, so for almost $600 I'll stick with my pro and 4 hours of battery life. Fortunately that works for me.

Helix is nice though.

Last edited:

presidentk1

What's the point of quoting the retail price for your analysis when that isn't the price you're paying?
Lenovo retail prices are all fake and artificially inflated

No one ever pays the retail price with that company
you either:
1. buy it through your corporate rep
2. pay the ecoupon price (there is always an ecoupon up)
3. pay a price based on some discount program (ex. college students, B&N Gold, etc.)

Buelligan

What's the point of quoting the retail price for your analysis when that isn't the price you're paying?
Lenovo retail prices are all fake and artificially inflated

No one ever pays the retail price with that company
you either:
1. buy it through your corporate rep
2. pay the ecoupon price (there is always an ecoupon up)
3. pay a price based on some discount program (ex. college students, B&N Gold, etc.)

Cool, never realized that. Never purchased through Lenovo before.

1. Many do not have a corporate rep.
2. E-coupon works but not anywhere near the $751 discount
3. Not all have access to any sort of discount program.

So for some, unless the e-coupon is up 24/7, or they purchase elsewhere, they may pay the full retail. Their mistake but still the real price

To be fair some of those discounts are available for the Surface as well. (student and corporate)So you can't compare price and only apply the "discount" to one of them. Therefore the price difference goes back up.

So the "true" price comparison is with retail. Then you go for the discounts relative to the unit. JMO

So for as little as $200 - $750 more I don't want to lug around 4 pounds to carry my keyboard with me. Again this is so subjective. As it all comes down to what you need this thing to do. But it is in NO WAY, a no brainer.

Again, the Helix is certainly a nice unit but it's Apples and Oranges and it costs more. Glad that 4 pound beast works for you :big smile:

machistmo

Half of a pound lighter? Sorry but my math may be wrong but .2 lbs is less than a quarter pound difference, not over a half pound, slightly over stated there.

Helix Tablet weight : 1.8 lbs

Surface weight: 2 lbs

plus retail is more than a $600 difference especially with the new price drop!

Helix retail w/ 180 ssd : $1779, but apparently you can beat them down to $1200 if you call them.

SP w/type cover : $899(128GB) + $129 = $1029
Edit: Microsoft has a Pro bundle now - 128GB SP, Type Cover, 2 Year Complete warranty, Office Home & Student, INCIPIO Sleeve & Screen protector for only $1209 total!

Sorry, for $751 this is NOT a no brainer! :-D

Helix Tablet weight : 1.8 lbs <<<<<< JUST THE TABLET >>>>>>>>>>> 3.6 Lbs IIRC with the keyboard.

machistmo

Hey guys, enjoyed the Forum but the ATIV Q is coming out and I'm gonna grab one. It is just too much exactly what I want in a hybrid to resist. Gonna give my SP to the GF (she is totally excited). Her name is Jodie and she is much nicer (and better looking) than I am. Maybe she'll come here to chat :)

Have a good one everybody and enjoy your Surface Pros.

[video=youtube;MngGyN8Q294]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MngGyN8Q294[/video]

Uhm is this even available?