What's new

So long, it's been fun...

machistmo

Is it available to be ordered? Asus is famous for this stuff -Transformer 'Book' Prime anyone? Is 8GB an option? 256 GB SSD? Can it be wiped and imaged, minus the android? I mean these are just a few of the questions I see people asking about it. I have been pretty sick with the flu and so have only been getting out of bed lately long enough to post here out of sheer and utter boredom. I watched a similar video a few months back but could find NO place to even look at actually placing an order. The baked-in-droid has me worried about its whole platform and having to wipe the device, when - if that becomes necessary. That whole hinge system is a little wonky and while it looks nifty in the video, its one of those things that you just might HATE the minute you touch it in person. It might not be built well enough to last a long time either... I would want to see one and hold one first, especially after having seen a Helix in person and been so MEH'D. Seriously, what a letdown.

Can I ask you this OP - Leap Motion controller updates ? cough cough ?

- I didn't realize how bad the cable TV I pay so much for each month actually SUCKS until I had to spend sometime in bed and watch it. On the bright side, if I act NOW, I can get some battle coins and other military stuff for 19.99, but only if I act now as this 'Memorial Day Sale' wont last forever... What do you think, should I call up now to avoid missing out? LOL

machistmo

Have you placed an order? If so, can you link the site? What was the total cost for what final vitals? Shipping charges? Was 8GB available, was 256 SSD, What Haswell option did you go for and why? Which were offered?

Ativ-Q_SOON.jpg

Maybe the SO LONG on July 22nd was a little premature? Wonder who that Guy is sleeping with to get that Ativ-Q in his lap? Man they are just teasing you now!

Last edited:

machistmo

That doesn't matter when you are selling to people that watch 'Here comes Honey Boo Boo' does it? I can hear the Samsung executives asking the same thing and their marketing guys having to spend the time to explain that in America, words like SQUATCH are A-OK. I lol'd a little out loud when I read your post though. :D They put it in the middle because they thought it would be less noticeable there right? Imagine the uncomfortable brainstorming session they had after deciding on the ATIV name line and then being able to produce only 3 catchy - ...-ATIV words. Is imagine-Ativ in there?

Last edited:
OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

That doesn't matter when you are selling to people that watch 'Here comes Honey Boo Boo' does it? I can hear the Samsung executives asking the same thing and their marketing guys having to spend the time to explain that in America, words like SQUATCH are A-OK. I lol'd a little out loud when I read your post though. :D They put it in the middle because they thought it would be less noticeable there right? Imagine the uncomfortable brainstorming session they had after deciding on the ATIV name line and then being able to produce only 3 catchy - ...-ATIV words. Is imagine-Ativ in there?

Lol, is "RT" any better? What the hell is an "RT"?

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Have you placed an order? If so, can you link the site? What was the total cost for what final vitals? Shipping charges? Was 8GB available, was 256 SSD, What Haswell option did you go for and why? Which were offered?

View attachment 987

Maybe the SO LONG on July 22nd was a little premature? Wonder who that Guy is sleeping with to get that Ativ-Q in his lap? Man they are just teasing you now!

Haven't ordered yet. Waiting on hearing back from actual users on what they think once it has been out about a month. So you are stuck with me for a little while longer.

presidentk1

I just got rid of my SP for a helix

Wow....what a difference ...now I can actually make it out the door before the battery dies :D