What's new

So what is the real impetus to upgrade to 4?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
I will say if you are an inker, the SP4 vastly improves the experience, from the parallax, to the screen friction and the new nibs makes for amazing experience.

I noticed the pen stuck to the left side of the SP4 (when facing the tablet) much better than it did on the right side. What I didn't check is if it stuck to the top anywhere. Any chance you tested this out?

Was in the area of an MS Store and stopped by. It does not stick to the top.

elee532

I will say if you are an inker, the SP4 vastly improves the experience, from the parallax, to the screen friction and the new nibs makes for amazing experience.

Any idea whether the Surface Book inking experience is the same as the Surface Pro 4?

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member

I imagine the new nibs will feel better on the SP3 screen as well. I've already pre-ordered a new pen so I'm hoping that's the case.

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes Panos did mention the thin stack again this time in the presentation. I guess it's even thinner and "pixelsense" does that make a difference too? Not enough for me to want to upgrade though - I do like to draw and doodle but I'm no artist. I'm just wondering if the 1024 pressure levels works on the Sp3 i.e. whether it's pen or screen related - I'm thinking pen so hopefully it will.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Yes Panos did mention the thin stack again this time in the presentation. I guess it's even thinner and "pixelsense" does that make a difference too? Not enough for me to want to upgrade though - I do like to draw and doodle but I'm no artist. I'm just wondering if the 1024 pressure levels works on the Sp3 i.e. whether it's pen or screen related - I'm thinking pen so hopefully it will.
That I don't know if the 1024 will be available on the S3 and SP3 without the new Digitizer....I'll meet with the Surface Team again the first week of November.

kc912

I have to say as an SP2 owner the CPU bump is quite significant in the i5 model...

H5nKRlQOGLDscy8kyia1FnglKAUhVs00lkGoEK2Jkpc