What's new

Solution for Auto-Rotate Not Working?

I've been using beta and "preview" software for years, and I know it's "use at your own risk." I'm perfectly happy right now testing out Windows 10 on my new Surface 3.....and I understand that you have to accept some bugs.

With that said, nothing says I can't try to fix bugs as I see them. When I'm on Win 10 instead of 8.1, my screen will not auto-rotate. It stays in landscape mode until I force it to rotate with the Intel Driver app. I was wondering if anyone else who has this issue has found a solution for it? If not, I'll hope for a solution in the next build.

malberttoo

I've been using beta and "preview" software for years, and I know it's "use at your own risk." I'm perfectly happy right now testing out Windows 10 on my new Surface 3.....and I understand that you have to accept some bugs.

With that said, nothing says I can't try to fix bugs as I see them. When I'm on Win 10 instead of 8.1, my screen will not auto-rotate. It stays in landscape mode until I force it to rotate with the Intel Driver app. I was wondering if anyone else who has this issue has found a solution for it? If not, I'll hope for a solution in the next build.

You'll definitely want to submit that feedback though through the feedback app...:)

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm running 10147 and i simply changed the toggle in the MS display settings, and it is auto-rotating just fine.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tried 10074 a bit back, and due to lack of drivers it was a complete pig. 10147 is a leaked build so you have to go and find a download for the ISO, and while it is certainly very buggy (it is a leak build after all) it is far superior to 10074 and so far, perfectly usable (having a little trouble getting MUI apps to run while in tablet mode though. Have to turn tablet mode off for them to display)

I simply changed this (in this screenshot it is greyed out as this is from my SP3 which is docked so screen cannot be rotated)
Capture.PNG

I tried 10074 a bit back, and due to lack of drivers it was a complete pig. 10147 is a leaked build so you have to go and find a download for the ISO, and while it is certainly very buggy (it is a leak build after all) it is far superior to 10074 and so far, perfectly usable (having a little trouble getting MUI apps to run while in tablet mode though. Have to turn tablet mode off for them to display)

I simply changed this (in this screenshot it is greyed out as this is from my SP3 which is docked so screen cannot be rotated)
View attachment 6349

OK thanks, but I might wait and see if Microsoft releases a new build in the next couple of days.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
have MS fixed it now then? onlyn a week or two ago MS confirmed that there was an issue that resulted in it being uninstallable on the S3