What's new

Auto rotation bug - Win 10

Gary.M

I have had a problem with my i5 128gb SP3 since updating to the new preview build yesterday. With it set to auto rotate the screen, once I rotate the tablet the screen goes black for a second or 2, then comes back on and then rotates rather frustrating. I have left feedback for the windows 10 team but wondered if I am alone in this as I have not read about it anywhere else.

hardhit

I have the same issue but had this already under the previous build. For me the functionality has made progress as under the previous build I even got logged out when I rotated, this is not happening anymore now.

bluegrass

I have had a problem with my i5 128gb SP3 since updating to the new preview build yesterday. With it set to auto rotate the screen, once I rotate the tablet the screen goes black for a second or 2, then comes back on and then rotates rather frustrating. I have left feedback for the windows 10 team but wondered if I am alone in this as I have not read about it anywhere else.

This thread should be deleted and your post moved to the large Windows 10 thread where everyone is exchanging info on what works and what doesn't. Don't worry that it might land on page 17. Most of us who have the preview 10 and have been on this thread for awhile just start reading the past couple of pages. You will stand a much better of chance of hearing about your issue and if others have it. I'm just now downloading and installing the update preview myself right now.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Rotation works, though it does have the temporary blackout. This issue was present in Windows 8/8.1 also, though the flash was shorter.

One good thing, though: Under Windows 8/8.1, streaming video would be forced to pause (or error) if the screen is rotated during playback. Build 9860 seems to have fixed that (as tested with Netflix, Xfinity Live TV, iTunes).

Dblkk

Since days before updating to the latest windows preview version, I can't get auto rotate to work at all. I have to go into mobile center, and manually click the rotate button, then make sure I manually click and rotate it back when I'm done. Which to me is a huge fail, for now as update should easily fix this. But with that said, I'm done using/trying windows 10 until this is fixed. Most of my day is spent using as tablet/laptop in landscape, but I also need to take notes and mark up PDF's constantly off/on throughout the day, and portrait mode is by far easier for this than landscape. With no auto rotate I find it very annoying and troublesome to manually rotate. Sent a few screenshots and feed back through the feedback app, but no fix yet.

Otherwise I saw the continuum stated for release in upcoming months, and new 'maclike' trackpad gesture support. Now that's great news.