What's new

SP3 hooked up to dual monitors

unruledboy

@jnjroach

aha.... then i just checked my monitor, duh......... no displayport at alll.....................

guess I have to buy two new displayport 1.2 monitors

OP
P

puma

I have to say, daisy chaining works flawlessly and very easily. There is no hiccups or situations where the wrong displays are working... so far so good.

Fran Molinari

I have 2 DVI monitors that I would like to keep using. Does the dock provide a solution for these? I do not necessarily need to use the SP3 screen when using the dock, but it would be nice. How would I accomplish this?

Telstar1948

Can you simply plug in one monitor into the mDP port in the SP3 Dock and the other monitor into the mDP in the SP3 itself? Will this work to give you two functioning large monitors?

bluegrass

I have one of my clients using two monitors connected using the DVI ports on the monitor. We purchased two mini display port to DVI adaptors. One is connected to the SP3 dock and the other to the SP3. They have been working fine.

null4end

Can you simply plug in one monitor into the mDP port in the SP3 Dock and the other monitor into the mDP in the SP3 itself? Will this work to give you two functioning large monitors?

Yes, this works very well. I have my main large display hooked to the docking station and then I connect my secondary display directly to the Surface if I want to use it. For my use case, I don't need 3 screens (Surface + 2 external) very often, so I only plug in the 3rd monitor as needed.

malberttoo

I have to say, daisy chaining works flawlessly and very easily. There is no hiccups or situations where the wrong displays are working... so far so good.

It is superior to everything else IMHO. But, it will take time for people to get used to the idea. The SP3 is the first time a lot of folks have heard about the concept.