What's new

SP3 power adapter pins

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
@GreyFox7 If you look at the PLUG on the power supply and my speculated pin-out it correlates with your description. The separation space in the middle is the reason why they put 6 pin contacts on the plug ( 12 if you count both sides) instead of the 5 on the plug of the SP1 an SP2. They had to put in the space because that area inside the SP3 jack has additional contacts for he Dock Station connector, which the power supply does not utilize( at least not yet). Have I managed to add additional confusion.
I'm with you now.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
@GreyFox7 Do you think the speculation on a future power supply plug change, to tap data lines for the USB on the brick, is a possibility?
It's physically possible but I don't think it's likely.
I keep waiting for a 3rd party device to show up that interfaces through the power port though ... but if not by now, it will probably never happen.

olimjj

It's physically possible but I don't think it's likely.
I keep waiting for a 3rd party device to show up that interfaces through the power port though ... but if not by now, it will probably never happen.
Perhaps they are waiting for one more iteration (SP4) to provide the necessary user base to justify the attempt.