What's new

SP3 Pro losing Arc Touch Mouse and Type Cover

mmo

While in general I love my SP3 Pro a lot there are a few bugs that blur the good picture! Does anyone have suggestions how to reliably fix these?

1. My Arc Touch Mouse (Surface Edition) sometimes goes "lost" (maybe 2-3 times during a day), i.e. suddenly no more connection, no clicks nor mouse movement. Sometimes it is enough to switch the mouse off and on again but typically I have to switch the SP3 off and on again to fix this. In rare cases I even have to restart it.

2. Lately the Touch Cover keyboard starts going lost as well - typically after waking up the device from sleep (maybe every 3rd time). This one is especially annoying, since on needs to restart the SP to get it back. Undocking and re-connecting typically does not help...

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
It sounds like you need a "Refresh", from your Update and Recovery menu of PC Settings.

OP
M

mmo

It sounds like you need a "Refresh", from your Update and Recovery menu of PC Settings.
Meaning I would have to re-install and reconfigure my 50+ apps. NEVER! And - as we know from older Windows versions: such built-in "fixes" never resolve these kind of issues!

B

B'midbar

Meaning I would have to re-install and reconfigure my 50+ apps. NEVER! And - as we know from older Windows versions: such built-in "fixes" never resolve these kind of issues!

A refresh saves your apps and settings. A reset ("Remove everything and reinstall Windows" from PC Settings > Update and Recovery > Recovery) wipes the Windoze install.