What's new

SP3 user looking to SP5

Jay Marino

So far the information online shows that the new SP5 will in fact use the Kaby Lake Processors and it will retain the SP3/SP4 charger or dock plug. Thats good for me since I have a SP3 and a SP4 dock and a charger and a car charger.

If it wasn't for the poor battery quality of the SP3, I would probably run with this device for another 2-3 years. But because my batter from a full charge only gets about 2-3 hours of battery life (that's on battery saver mode and only internet and work browsing) I am considering shelling out another $2,000 for a SP5. Anyone else feel the same way? I love my device, I use it not stop, but the battery life is about as bad as it gets. I have chargers every where because I am afraid of going dead.

jrioux

Sorry about your battery life. That's why I try to buy devices with replaceable battery. Unfortunately, those are few and far between these days.

I only use my SP3 sporadically - for meetings and travel. As a result, my battery life is still quite good and my machine should last for a few more years. It's the best tech I've ever bought.