What's new

SP4 Dock Video Issues

dajogejr

Just got my new dock Friday and had a chance to plug it in today.
Everything on the dock works except the Display.
I have VGA and DVI on my monitor.
I use either adapter and plug it directly into my SP4, the monitor works just like it did on my SP3 dock.

If I plug either the VGA or DVI adapter into the dock (either port, tried both) it won't work.
Tried to see if there was a software or firmware update, nothing. I"m up to date 100%.
Love the size and foot print of the new dock...but c'mon...
Any other ideas?

Telstar1948

I don't have the new Dock, but there have been a lot of comments like yours about it. I do recall the forum comments when the SP3 dock came out - so many complained of the DP port not working on the dock, but the mDP port on the SP3 worked just fine. Just a comment; no idea what's going on with the new dock, just sounds familiar from a year ago.

OP
D

dajogejr

I've had no issues with the SP3 dock on mine or about 5 others I have in place here.
I can tell you the fitmet for the SP4 is sloppy, but...as others pointed out there is a spacer in the works.
I've been to the MS store twice in the past week and they didn't have any info or ETA on that spacer, not that it matters now.

I'm ok with plugging it into the tablet itself for now, but it's far from Ideal, especially since I like to undock and walk throughout the office for work.

OP
D

dajogejr

Works on VGA (Literally unplugged the power on the monitor then plugged it back in) but still no mini DP to DVI adapter.
I tried both ports on the dock. Nadda.