What's new

SP4 gaming performance videos

"Newer games (AAA ones) are way too much for the SP4." - Ha. I don't care if it is not 1080p or whatnot. That is damned impressive for a tablet!

I think there is going to be a disconnect with a lot of the reviewers because traditional PC gamers want to take full advantage of the software with as much hardware as possible. Meanwhile I think a huge number of people coming BACK to PC's with the advent of the SP3 and SP4 would just be more than happy with an experience that is even something approaching what they can get on their consoles, which is a lot less to ask of the hardware than the traditional PC gaming community.

I agree with you, it is incredibly impressive and more than adequate for me... can't wait to see what the i7 can do.

Johnny365

That's barely over 720p resolution and there is obvious texture pop-in at close distances. It's good enough for those just wanting to play the game.

MOFO

That's barely over 720p resolution and there is obvious texture pop-in at close distances. It's good enough for those just wanting to play the game.

Just being able to game on a tablet like the surface is good enough for a lot of owners, most realize that it's not the most ideal platform to game on but it can !
If you buy a SP4 just to game on your buying it for all the wrong reasons to begin with.
The fact that you can is just another reason why it's a pretty good device you got to remember it is a tablet not a gaming laptop.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member

And? Still running just fine. Not really sure why res is that important to you though, barely over 720p means it's already a higher res than on Xbox one :p

macmee

I forget if I said this earlier but I tried GTA 3 and it ran better than on my Sp3 but the fan still came on after abit of play time. I'm assuming it will throttle.

I forget if I said this earlier but I tried GTA 3 and it ran better than on my Sp3 but the fan still came on after abit of play time. I'm assuming it will throttle.

There are a number of people who have been playing GTA V for extended period with no throttling, certainly not what was happening with SP3.