What's new

Solved SP4 Still Active In Sleep

DocACE911

Not while sleeping, not on my system. With WiFi off during sleep my battery loss is <0.5%/hr. With it on it's totally unpredictable but no where near that 1/2 % figure.

"not in my system" is the problem. I will send you a good article need to find. Bottom line is on modern Intel hardware connected sleep should kick ass over sleep- like on sp3

Microsoft.... Arg broken record

I would be coming from a SP2 to SP4, this "connected sleep" would be new to me. As long as I do a "shut down" on the SP4 (I don't have it yet, have to wait till Nov 20) it will not use the "connected sleep" feature?
leeshor- is there a setting for disabling wifi while in sleep mode? Or are you actually turning off wifi before putting it to sleep?

On my SP2, I just do a "Shut down" as startup is only 10-12seconds which is awesome. Too bad the unit gets HOT just doing "normal" things.

leeshor

I would be coming from a SP2 to SP4, this "connected sleep" would be new to me. As long as I do a "shut down" on the SP4 (I don't have it yet, have to wait till Nov 20) it will not use the "connected sleep" feature?
leeshor- is there a setting for disabling wifi while in sleep mode? Or are you actually turning off wifi before putting it to sleep?

On my SP2, I just do a "Shut down" as startup is only 10-12seconds which is awesome. Too bad the unit gets HOT just doing "normal" things.
It's a setting, just works. The only problem with it is that every now and then it won't automatically reconnect when I wake it up. But just a tap on the WiFi icon seems to do it.

robertnd2

Hello...I am having terrible battery life issues on surface pro 4. Can someone take a peak at my sleep report and let me know what. It looks like I have lots of crazy things going on and it is above my head. Seems like I never going into a low power state.

Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Sleep Study.pdf
    506.5 KB · Views: 910

leeshor

Hello...I am having terrible battery life issues on surface pro 4. Can someone take a peak at my sleep report and let me know what. It looks like I have lots of crazy things going on and it is above my head. Seems like I never going into a low power state.

Appreciate any assistance.

Thanks!
Open task manager and sort the process by CPU use and do a screen shot.

robertnd2

Seems to show pretty low CPU useage

Attachments

• Screenshot (2).png
    Screenshot (2).png
    290.2 KB · Views: 440

robertnd2

Based on some real limited testing, I am losing 20-28% battery life every hour with light web browsing on EDGE. That equates to 3.5-5 hours of total battery life. That's really disappointing. If this turn out to be consistently true, I am going to not feel so great about spending all of the $$ that I did. I already had 2 surface pro3s and did the upgrade anyway.

The loss of battery during sleep adds insult to injury.