What's new

Sound not coming out of monitor after waking from sleep

Zkyevolved

Hello everyone, I'm having a small issue.

I have an LG 29 inch ultra wide monitor with speakers in it. When I have my Sp4 turned off, and I connect the cable via mini DisplayPort, I have audio after turning on my surface. If my Surface falls asleep, and I wake it up, the audio is gone.

capture20161002003855558.png
this is what appears while it is recognizing the monitor after a reboot.

If I put my surface to sleep and wake it up, it no longer appears in the device manager. Yet, the monitor works fine.

I've had this issue for a while, but just today I refreshed my SP4 from a factory image online from the MS website, and I thought it would have been a bug (since my last install was from the media creation tool), but it wasn't. The issue still continues.

The only way to get the audio back is to reboot the SP4 with the MDP cable plugged in before it reaches the login screen.

Any ideas :S?

Thanks!

arnonuem

Same here with an ASUS 4K Monitor connected via miniDP cable @ Microsoft dock.

Gesendet von meinem SM-P605 mit Tapatalk

mickjf

There is a problem with the latest drivers from Microsoft. After weeks of testing I had to roll back to earlier drivers for both GPU 20.19.15.4409 and Intel Display Audio 8.20.0.865 to fix it. Funnily enough it is a definite problem (I can repeat it for the two SP4s I own when connected to two different monitor via miniDP) but doesn't seem to be widely reported which is strange.

OP
Zkyevolved

Zkyevolved

There is a problem with the latest drivers from Microsoft. After weeks of testing I had to roll back to earlier drivers for both GPU 20.19.15.4409 and Intel Display Audio 8.20.0.865 to fix it. Funnily enough it is a definite problem (I can repeat it for the two SP4s I own when connected to two different monitor via miniDP) but doesn't seem to be widely reported which is strange.
Might I ask for a backup of said drivers [emoji16]... This is really annoying... I love my surface, but the speakers are not one of the reasons why I got it xD. Especially owning better speakers and other ones built into my monitor which are more powerful and aimed at me!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mickjf

If you search for SurfacePro4_Win10_160701_1.zip you should be able to download them and then manually install just the video and audio drivers.