What's new

SP4 us version in the uk

Mike007

• You'll only get 1 year warranty, at most.
Not in my experience. If I bought it from a UK store I would of got 1 year warranty. That is the norm here.

But, when I registered my US version with MS it says I have warranty and support until Feb 2018 - over 2 years.

Zkyevolved

Not in my experience. If I bought it from a UK store I would of got 1 year warranty. That is the norm here.

But, when I registered my US version with MS it says I have warranty and support until Feb 2018 - over 2 years.
Maybe software support? But hardware as well? Maybe no one registered the device in the US or maybe a bug. Devices in the USA get 1 year warranty while European devices get 2. Getting ms complete gets you two years support in the USA and in Europe, three. I know because I got my first surface from the USA and it came with one, which I extended to two. My surface pro 4 has 2 years warranty here in Europe which I extended to 3 since I bought it online from Microsoft in Spain.

Mike007

Maybe software support? But hardware as well? Maybe no one registered the device in the US or maybe a bug. Devices in the USA get 1 year warranty while European devices get 2. Getting ms complete gets you two years support in the USA and in Europe, three. I know because I got my first surface from the USA and it came with one, which I extended to two. My surface pro 4 has 2 years warranty here in Europe which I extended to 3 since I bought it online from Microsoft in Spain.

Both software and hardware warranty until Feb 18 according to the MS support site. Device was brand new never opened or registered before. Maybe I got lucky?

Mike007

If I my a Surface Pro 4 from someone, ebay seller etc, is there anyway to know where it's UK, US, Hong kong etc model?
You mean where it's presently located? Or where it's originated from?

eBay has filters so you can filter out items that are not located in the uk. (Thus avoiding customs charges!)

To find its origin, the seller should show that on the listing, if not, a quick email to them should get you the relevant information.

Omni

I just registered my SP4 but it didn't tell me how much warranty it has left....

Where can I find the page that shows this?