What's new

Travelling to USA from UK with SP4

SurfaceGalois

Hi

I have a Surface Pro 4 bought and used in the UK. In a few weeks time I will be travelling to the States and need to take my Surface with me.

Does a travel kit exist for the power supply? Or do I need to take a UK-->USA plug with me and plug the UK charger into this? Where I am going does not have a Microsoft Store to enable me to simply buy a US charger when I am over.

Thanks

SurfaceGalois

ScottyS

The Surface transformer should say on in Input 100-240V 1A 50-60Hz.
You just need a plug adapter to convert the 3 pin plug used in the UK to the 2 pin plugs we use on this side of the pond.

And don't worry about no MS store where you're going, Best Buy and Staples also sell Surfaces and accessories and those stores are everywhere (though one individual store may not always have a full selection). So should you need a pen or type cover or even mDP to VGA or HDMI adapter you can get it.

OP
S

SurfaceGalois

Hi

Thanks for all the replies. Just a bit surprised that Microsoft does not make a travel kit (like Apple). I guess this would have been an advantage to the USB charged Surface 3!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Hi

Thanks for all the replies. Just a bit surprised that Microsoft does not make a travel kit (like Apple). I guess this would have been an advantage to the USB charged Surface 3!
There is no need, the Surface is a PC and these PC accessories work perfectly...