What's new

Splashtop HD/remote desktop for the Windows Surface RT

jbaker8390

Hey fellow Windows RT surface owners! So this post will be regarding the Splashtop HD app notoriously advertised at CES 2012 Remember?

[video=youtube;rMX9gb6dz8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMX9gb6dz8M[/video]

So my question is whether you guys may know if there's a possible way to get a remote access to the level of Splashtop HD; as far as i can tell i can download the SplashtopHD app on my Windows 8 desktop but the app is unavailable for the RT. I'm curious to know if any of you know any program out there that will work similarly to Splashtop to be able to play games at full performance over a stream through remote access.

Thanks again
Jonathan

kricke

Hi Jonathan,

I downloaded teamviewer for the surface. I do not know whether teamviewer is what you need - remote access to the level of Splashtop HD - but I use it to log into other PCs and control them.

Knut

Trovahead

Hi Jonathan,

I downloaded teamviewer for the surface. I do not know whether teamviewer is what you need - remote access to the level of Splashtop HD - but I use it to log into other PCs and control them.

Knut

Teamviewer didn't cut it for me. I hope Splashtop HD for the Surface comes out soon!

OP
J

jbaker8390

Hey Kricke, Thanks for the recommendation! I agree with Trovahead though, teamviewer has too much of a response delay. =] your response was greatly appreciated and Teamviewer definetily seems like something that can be useful for other tasks for sure.

OP
J

jbaker8390

Teamviewer didn't cut it for me. I hope Splashtop HD for the Surface comes out soon!

I completely agree, I expect that splashtop Hd development for the windows RT is probably in the works, If it's out for Ipad/Android it's surely to be expected on the windows Rt platform. =] only time will tell and it sure is exciting if it were to come to the surface in the near future.

Trovahead

This is the message I received when I asked the Splashtop people about a Windows RT version:

Thanks for your interest and support of Splashtop!

We will investigate Windows RT and see if it makes sense for our business. Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,
Victor
Splashtop

OP
J

jbaker8390

This is the message I received when I asked the Splashtop people about a Windows RT version:

Thanks for your interest and support of Splashtop!

We will investigate Windows RT and see if it makes sense for our business. Thanks for your feedback!

Regards,
Victor
Splashtop

I really hope they invest some time in developing Splashtop for windows RT! If they do, this give me confidence and desire to keep the windows surface when windows surface pro comes out. I'm crossing my fingers!