What's new

Solved Store apps failing to install in windows 10

OP
nnthemperor

nnthemperor

Add-AppxPackage : Cannot find path 'C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml' because it does not exist.

At line:1 char:1

+ Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register C:\WINDOWS\WinStore ...

+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (C:\WINDOWS\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml:String) [Add-AppxPackage], It

FoundException

+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : PathNotFound,Microsoft.Windows.Appx.PackageManager.Commands.AddAppxPackageCommand

This is what i get when I run powershell as an admin

leeshor

It sounds to me like some files are either missing or corrupted. A full reset may be the solution but you could also try sfc /scannow first. I'm thinking that may not be enough.

OP
nnthemperor

nnthemperor

I just found the problem. I had the apps initially installed on a 128gb SDXC card, but when it had a problem, I reinstalled them directly on C drive, but the corrupt Windows Apps folder on SD card was somehow affecting the Store apps on C drive. I finally removed the card and everything is fine now. Going to format the card now. Thanks again

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk

leeshor

That makes sense. I don't remember anything about installing apps on the SD card but that has been a fairly common issue when there are other unexplained app issues.

OP
nnthemperor

nnthemperor

I think apps on SD card is only a problem if the card is to formatted to NTFS ( is that the correct name?). I had the same problem on both my HP Envy note 8 and SP3, but since I formatted the cards, most of my apps are on them and behaving well.

Sent from my SC-01F using Tapatalk