What's new

SURFACE 2 - how to get back to factory settings on start page

francies2

sorry, I don't even know the right terminaology for what I'm about to ask. Please bear with me. I started dinking around with the contrast and is now on high contrast. Trying to get it off high contrast I did a bunch of stuff that I don't even know where I found to do what I did. But IE is no longer on my start page screen and I want to get it back. Also somehow I changed the colored icons on the start page to colorless and the back ground was black. I found a way, but now can't re-find it, to re-color the background and letters - now I can barely read it. Is there a way to just reset all that to what it was when I opened the box the day I got it?

OP
F

francies2

thanks to those who responded...I'd already tried those things and didn't know enough to understand what the stuff I found was even talking about. But....did contact surface tech by phone....accidentally found info while looking around on the surface. I was lead through a process that helped me learn a lot about the surface. surface tech is not yet charging for tech support, although that wouldn't have mattered because I'm still under the 90 day service for free. So, I was lead to refresh; how to search for internet explorer and then hold down 2 secs to get to a choice to "pin" and I was able to re-pin ie to my start page. Then to get high contrast off and get back to what the screen looked like the first day of my experience, I was taken to the "change pc settings" on the right bottom screen of the jewel page. from there, I chose "none" from the choose them drop down and there it was, all was normal again. I love Microsoft tech support!!!!!