What's new

Surface pro 2 playing crysis 3 and SFIV

OP
H

hksrb25s14

yeah , fans cut on on heavy gaming. this is to be expected since we are pushing ultrabook power in a tablet form factor. the chip will get hot from intense gaming. so the fans cutting on is a good thing as it cools things down. mines cut on but hardly noticeable. I don't see how some people saying it sounds loud..lol if I focus on it , I can hear the whoosh sound of it. but most of the time I can hardly tell its even on on my pro. Im running the same updated drivers also. no issues as far as I can tell .

but no matter the driver, the pro fans will cut on during intense or long gaming sessions.
Of course the more you game and really push the Pro such that its fans are on all the time, you also lower the lifespan of its components. :p This is why towers with significant heat dumping systems are best for real gaming.

Ahh true, this is the big difference between the Surface Pro 2 and the Razer Edge Pro, the Edge was made tobe taken apart replacing/upgrading it's components like fans, ssd, wifi card, ram by the user, no warranty stickers. While the sp2 is made tobe replaced, because if I do send the SP2 for a major repair, would you want it back if they heat the screen and peel the glue and then return it to you? Lol I'll be like screen is loose.
I wish the SP2 was upgradable.

cedric5555

I'm playing Super Street Fighter AE with gestureworks gameplay, sorry I forgot to setup kick buttons for the touch control. :p

lol I look funny holding the phone cam, it's hard.

[video=youtube;FdJYBgXf9AY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdJYBgXf9AY[/video]

Is it working on Batman A O , BF4 and COD ghost and its series? Thanks,

cedric5555

oh I didn't make a touch key for those games yet, but I will do it later this week and Post them.

Wow, you are the best. That's make me want to purchase the Gestureworks gameplay now.
^_^

There is no laggy and perform greatly so far as I see your video clips.

demandarin

Ahh true, this is the big difference between the Surface Pro 2 and the Razer Edge Pro, the Edge was made tobe taken apart replacing/upgrading it's components like fans, ssd, wifi card, ram by the user, no warranty stickers. While the sp2 is made tobe replaced, because if I do send the SP2 for a major repair, would you want it back if they heat the screen and peel the glue and then return it to you? Lol I'll be like screen is loose.
I wish the SP2 was upgradable.

The thing is, almost 99% sure they would just replace with a new one. The pro is likely too expensive for them to go in and repair. Then risk the user sending it right back because something not right. So they'll likely come off cheaper or better just replacing device instead.

TheJokker

I'm working on modding a laptop cooler to use with the Surface Pro for gaming purposes. Cooling the beast will not only extend the life of the Surface but minimize any CPU throttling that might be occurring. When I have something that I think is acceptable I will post the results on the forum.

deldalton

I'm working on modding a laptop cooler to use with the Surface Pro for gaming purposes. Cooling the beast will not only extend the life of the Surface but minimize any CPU throttling that might be occurring. When I have something that I think is acceptable I will post the results on the forum.

Please come back to us about this. I'd be very interested in this (providing it's well put together, of course ... ;)).

bluegrass

For crysis 3 I had to update the intel hd 4400 drivers to get the intel graphics control panel to change to scale to fullscreen.
So the settings right now is 13xx X 7xx resolution on low textures all features on low and off.
[video=youtube;zrU9pg7A6f0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrU9pg7A6f0[/video]

I can't believe I just got my SP2 256 gig a couple weeks ago and you're saying I already have outdated Intel drivers. How did you find that out?

OP
H

hksrb25s14

The new drivers isn't from Surface pro 2 FW update, it's from intel itself, use search in this forum and type up intel HD4400 driver, and you will find out what It does, gives you access to intel graphics control panel, improve performance , full screen scale ( very useful for gaming on low resolution, gets rid of black boarders on most games) think of it like jail breaking your SP2 but with rollback option.
I thanks demandarin for showing me the way of Surface pro gaming.