What's new

Surface Pro 3 Accessories

Telstar1948

Here are some pictures:

With SP3+Type Cover (+pen in loop):

With SP3+Type Cover + Logitech Pointer + SP3 Charger + 3x USB 3.0, Ethernet Adapter:

With SP3+Type Cover + SP3 Charger:

"Normal" (SP3+Type Cover with pen in the loop are fitting perfectly!):

Wiidesire, did all your accessories fit into the zippered side-pouch, or did one or two have to go in the main compartment with the SP3?

cemian

anyone have any idea if they will make a type cover with an external battery like they did with the power cover for earlier surfaces?

Morgan

Cemian, the biggest problem with the power cover is that it literally doubles the weight of your Surface. I don't think there are enough potential buyers out there to justify production.

cemian

Cemian, the biggest problem with the power cover is that it literally doubles the weight of your Surface. I don't think there are enough potential buyers out there to justify production.
Really weight is the issue here?? Maybe we need a little more exercise :)

Zog1971

Really weight is the issue here?? Maybe we need a little more exercise :)
I think that there are definitely power users and folks who travel a great deal who would gladly add an extra pound or more for doubled battery life. Even folks who just want to watch several movies on an 8 hour plane flight could benefit. I think that MS actually lost a TON of sales for the SP1/SP2 power cover because they waited soooooo long to release it. I honestly think that if they would have had a power cover option available for all of us early buyers of the SP3, many would have opted for it. I think its really foolish to wait again before releasing it, if they are indeed planning to release one.

I use my surface power cover with the SP3 on long flights so that I land with a full battery on the SP3. It doesn't cover the whole screen due to the 10" vs. 12" screen difference between the SP2 and SP3, but it still functions. It does weigh more, but it sits on the tray table of the airline for 4 hours and protects my SP3 battery at 100% for the entire duration.

I would really like a power cover, you can never have too much battery life. I've asked employees at the MS store and done chats on the MS support site and no one has heard anything about a power cover being released. I read on article where there was a blurb that do to the increased battery life there were no plans for a power cover... hope they change their minds.

Telstar1948

BTW, anyone looking for a very nice padded sleeve for the SP3 check out the Platinum at Best Buy. It's their brand, but it looks very professional... black nylon exterior with a padded and soft interior. Has a nice zippered side-pocket for all that other stuff. Fit's very well even with the pen in the loop on the outside of the SP3.