What's new

Surface Pro 3 or Wacom Companion 2

Ryencool

Ok, 4 year old alienware laptop just died (I use things until theyre completely gone), and my tablet is an older Glaxy tab 2 8". Im an artist, graphics design, painter, design funiiture etc...I have always wanted a wacom cintiq but couldnt justify the price for something that is a unitasker. It is the best at what it des but for 1,000$ an up I expect a lot I guess. So I was just looking at getting a loadedd surface pro and smaller 800$ wacom tablet. Hower while on Wacoms website I saw the cintiq companion 2 which I had no idea even existed. If you yoursefl havent seen the specs they are here http://www.wacom.com/en-us/products/pen-displays/cintiq-companion-2.

So my question is for what im going to be using it for, and that is more artwork/browsing than anything else. Is the surface pros drawing capabilities on par with this tablet? I know that when I stopped into best buy yesterday to use the highest end surface pro they had that the pen wasnt SUPER accurate. Dont get me wrong its freaking amazing what they have done, but im just not sure if the resolution of the pen (if im using the correct terminology) is similar to the wacom or not. Unfortunately the companion is similar to a unicorn so me finding one to use has been essentially a major super fail.

So if anyone has used one or would care to make any suggestions that would be great. Ill be mainly using Photoshop CS, Illustrator, Musbox, Zbrush, Sketchbook Pro etc...Im also mainly a freelance artist. So I shift from selling lots of actual canvas paintings (that I put together and collage in photoshop) to graphics design, to even designing and building furniture. Thanks!

leeshor

Welcome to the forum,

Top right on this page is a search of the forum. Input Cintiq Companion and you will find several discussion threads, all pretty much in your favor.

OP
R

Ryencool

Thanks leeshor! I have actually participated on many many forums so I anticipate ld your reply. I did do a search for "companion 2" and didn't really get any results that helped. I'm sure all of the information is on this beautiful forum somewhere haha. Just gotta find it I guess.

I just did searches for "wacom companion 2" and "wacom". All I got was posts about drivers for the surface pro etc....

malberttoo

Thanks leeshor! I have actually participated on many many forums so I anticipate ld your reply. I did do a search for "companion 2" and didn't really get any results that helped. I'm sure all of the information is on this beautiful forum somewhere haha. Just gotta find it I guess.

I just did searches for "wacom companion 2" and "wacom". All I got was posts about drivers for the surface pro etc....

"A" for effort. :D

Welcome to the forum! Hopefully someone will be along that can enlighten you...