What's new

Solved Surface Pro 3 stabilizer - SAI style

FoxyOxy

Hi all, I've recently received a Surface Pro 3 and am very happy with it. I use it primarily for reading digital comics (print paper aspect ratio is great for that) and drawing. In regards to the drawing, I'm wondering if it is possible to get a 'stabilizer' effect like in Paint Tool SAI. Basically a deliberate lag between the stylus and the cursor for those that haven't used that particular program. I would hope that I could get the pen firmware to emulate this (not sure if that is the right word) so I can get a SAI style stabilizer effect in other art programs.

Any help would be appreciated.

NullPointer

Great, let me know how it works out for you, I'm probably picking up an SP3 soon and the jitter issue is what I'm most concerned with

OP
F

FoxyOxy

I am having some problems with some of Lazy Nezumi's functions in Manga Studio (funnily enough the exact functions I was most interested in) but I am getting incredible one on one support with a developer so I will let you know what happens in the next few days.

adrians

I am having some problems with some of Lazy Nezumi's functions in Manga Studio (funnily enough the exact functions I was most interested in) but I am getting incredible one on one support with a developer so I will let you know what happens in the next few days.

I've just tried Lazy Nezumi on my SP3 with SkethBook Pro and Mischief and I have to say that it doesn't really work that well for me. It's kind of glitchy in that some strokes don't seem to register when it's on and, the main thing I'm after, the smoothing of the jitter is not all that great despite all the knobs it provides. I think they really haven't tailored it to the N-trig digitizer at this point so maybe with some work it could be worth using.

LazyNezumi

Hi guys,
I'm the author of Lazy Nezumi Pro! :)
Here's the situation with the Surface Pro 3:

I'm not 100% sure, but I think the people who got LNP to work with the SP3 the ones who have Photoshop CC 2014, which uses the new Windows 8 native tablet API (instead of Wintab, which is very old tech). If you have this version, make sure you enable Windows Ink for it to work right.

It's possible that the N-Trig Wintab implementation is just buggy, or that it's doing something very differently than what LNP is expecting (this is probably the case since I have reports that PS works fine without LNP).

Unfortunately I won't know more until I get a SP3 myself and do some testing/debugging.
I'm sorry I can't help more right now, but I'll keep you updated! :)

LazyNezumi

If you're using Lazy Nezumi with Photoshop on the Surface Pro 3, go to the control panel's "Pen and Touch" settings, and disable the "Press and hold - right click" option. This should help with missing strokes.

tiezhi

Clip Studio works similar to Sai and it's interface scales well now. The input via stylus without WinTab is very smooth on CSP now.

I use Paint Tool SAI with a XP-Pen Artist 12 Pro Drawing Pad With Screen. Works totally fine without any pen pressure related issues..