What's new

Surface Pro 3 Wish List!

CrippsCorner

Personally I don't need 4G/LTE module... WiFi is almost Everywhere and I always have my Lumia with me... Just need to tap to share his connection and the game is done... I don't need two sim cards, don't need two contracts and I'm to lazy for jump the sim cards between the two devices... and maybe a 4G/LTE module just make grow the price..
Maybe more useful in a Surface Pro 3 the standard 802.11ac.

Agree with this. At first I thought I was missing out, but I have a 8Gb data package on my iPhone's contract and it's more than enough to tether with.

drolem

the Surface 3's should at least have GPS. There are too many professional/personal endeavors that would find that indispensable.
I agree with that, although given that it's missing from 1 and 2, I wouldn't bet on it. At least he higher end (256G and 512G) SKUs should have it.

No not really.. I mean not all the points. You have some points that can't

As mentioned, if you look at teardown images of the Surface Pro 1 and 2, there is no room for an additional USB port., unless they change the kick-stand system. 512GB SSD's, the good ones that Microsoft uses, which is part of the key component that makes thing extra fast in this device, are expensive. Now for sure, price is dropping, so it will be a bit cheaper, the next Surface Pro (assuming they don't do anything that increases cost).

Pen holder, while there is no room inside, but I am going with that things can always be brought closer (increasing the cost of the device), to have space where you have nothing side (no battery, no circuit board, no ports connector in the way. The pen is too thick. Remember, it has a button. Unless you want to lose that button to make it fit. AND in addition, you want it thinner... that means that really, the pen wont' fit at all, unless you want a thin pen like the Nintendo DS ones, which I doubt you want.

As for the track pad. Well the reason why the current one doesn't have buttons, is that if you move your finger on the button area, notice how the mouse is being tracked. It was done to maximize surface area. So, to make what you want, they can either change to a 16:10 display, which would make the device taller, which would allow physical buttons, or use that extra space to make the touchpad bigger which is also needed.

One thing I am surprised no one wished for, but how about more durable keys that doesn't get wear out by the table surface when the device is moved arround, let alone the screen. My keyboard is not even a month old, and the corner of some keys ware out. I already replaceable it, thinking it was a manufacture error, but nope, apparently it's normal. Shame for 130$.

Dude about the pen holder i am saying to make a similar magnetic holder on the top of the device so when charging pen can be magnetically connected there. And additional imhate the wat this heats up which shouldn't be the case.

OP
S

skellington

I disagree that there is no room inside for a pen (or there couldn't be made room given how think the SP is), but if it has to attach outside the case, it would be nice if it were a firm mechanical connection of some sort, not just magnets like the charger.

Something like: the pen tip area attaches by magnet and the rear clip slotts into the machine. dunno, might be better ideas.

But the thing has to hang on to the pen when jostled otherwise it's not all that useful.

Dim-Ize

Fantasy wish list:
  • 1/2 as thick as SP2
  • 1/2 the weight as SP2
  • 16 GB RAM
  • 50% improvement in battery life
  • Smaller Power Cord (the block part, I mean - not the length)
  • Pen attachment to top so I can charge with my pen and not misplace it
  • Higher density screen
  • Better scratch resistance to the body or less smudge capable on screen

Yet, I must honestly say, I am very pleased with my current SP2. Without a doubt things will change. But, I have been thankful and happy with what I have now.

vanhalo

add Xbox Live.
This machine has already replaced my 360.
Sell it with a Keyboard and Xbox One PC Game Controller.
and while you are at it give us a Microsoft Miracast Receiver.

Gigabit port for docking station.

Last edited:

ClientDev

My #1 request on the wishlist?

Have it in stock!

(Yes, after waiting more than 3 months that SP2 (256) will become available here in Europe and checking the stock in the online store a couple of times each day, I am already frustrated.)