What's new

Surface Pro not openning Illustrator files

sparler

Just got a Surface Pro. Installed Adobe CC. Can't open illustrator cs6 files that were created on a mac. They are housed on Dropbox. Tried downloading... got same error. File type is incorrect or file is correct. Ideas?

leeshor

Are they EPS files and did you save them on the MAC with TIFF preview? If they are AI files there shouldn't be any issue. You may want to refer to the Adobe forum,s as I doubt the problem is your Surface.

btw: Changing your title for you from Pirface to Surface. ;)

OP
S

sparler

Are they EPS files and did you save them on the MAC with TIFF preview? If they are AI files there shouldn't be any issue. You may want to refer to the Adobe forum,s as I doubt the problem is your Surface.

btw: Changing your title for you from Pirface to Surface. ;)

They are Ai. I will post at adobe as well. And thanks for changing my spelling. That's what you get typing on a train.

OP
S

sparler

Update: I now believe the issue is with Dropbox. Not illustrator or excel. Dropbox is failing to download files to the surface pro desktop. I get the error file transfer failed. I have send Dropbox a request for help.

leeshor

I was thinking that might be a part of the problem though I don't know why. What version of DB are you using?