What's new

Surface Pro x alternatives if no SP5

OP
convergent

convergent

The Eve V is the USB-C Surface Pro that Microsoft won’t make

Here is another potential alternative that is crowdsource funded. This one is apparently being recognized by Microsoft as good. I just struggle to think about buying something like this. What happens if it has a problem and there are literally no replacement units? The specs on it look quite amazing... impossible almost. Will be interesting to see if it really is the OnePlus of tablets, because they have done quite well as a business.

Even if you aren't interested in this device, there is a nice alternative comparison tool at the bottom of the page on the actual Eve V site.

CrippsCorner

I saw that, looks great! However as long as Microsoft are releasing devices themselves, I'll continue to get them directly from them :)

OP
convergent

convergent

I saw that, looks great! However as long as Microsoft are releasing devices themselves, I'll continue to get them directly from them :)

I would not take a chance on a non-established company for something like this, personally. Being able to get good support is an important part of my criteria. I just posted it to keep the "alternatives" ideas alive.

Afy

The Porsche Design Book One might be an alternative. Though more in the SB category than the SP4 one.

Afy

I think the volumes for Book One will be so small, given that its not even advertised I would be very surprised if we see any real reviews anytime soon.
I guess the Book One is a niche product in a very niche market.