What's new

System Hardware Update 1/27/2015

wynand32

Okay, I'm running the Windows 10 Preview, and received notice of a "System Hardware Update 1/27/2015." It came along with the bogus Build 9933 and the new Intel drivers. On mine, the Intel drivers installed, but the System Hardware Update continues to fail.

Anyone else have this going on? I think some folks had it install, and I'm wondering if I'm alone in it continuing to fail.

r0b123

Seeing the same thing. But I believe according to the Windows Insider hub app, its a known issue? I'm not too concerned as I'm sure we'll continuous updates as the upcoming official release for Win10 approaches.

RémiM

Using build 9926 and system hardware 1/27/2015 successfully installed today. Without any problem.

Mark A

Using build 9926 and system hardware 1/27/2015 successfully installed today. Without any problem.
We'll see. I have the same experience with that update. It may come back.

FBL_awesome1501 9935 is still sitting there. Any idea how to remove the update?

OP
wynand32

wynand32

Seeing the same thing. But I believe according to the Windows Insider hub app, its a known issue? I'm not too concerned as I'm sure we'll continuous updates as the upcoming official release for Win10 approaches.

This isn't the erroneous build issue. So, you have the hardware update (_not_ the build) listed as failing?

OP
wynand32

wynand32

We'll see. I have the same experience with that update. It may come back.

FBL_awesome1501 9935 is still sitting there. Any idea how to remove the update?

The erroneous build issue will be fixed in an update (or in the next build). Really interesting that some folks are seeing the hardware update install and some of us aren't...

OP
wynand32

wynand32

I'll just say like I did in another thread that I'd be very hesitant to edit the registry in a beta. Could easily mess up getting future builds.

GTiceman

I'll just say like I did in another thread that I'd be very hesitant to edit the registry in a beta. Could easily mess up getting future builds.

The registry keys edited didn't exist prior to this build. If you look at them they are added to allow the system to check for MS internal. This is something that was likely present in the MS internal builds as they never were on the same path as us outsiders. Basically someone forgot to delete these before the code was published. If for some reason they do find that this hampers getting new builds, highly unlikely, they are easily added back in and I am sure Paul Thurrott would also post up about that.

OP
wynand32

wynand32

The registry keys edited didn't exist prior to this build. If you look at them they are added to allow the system to check for MS internal. This is something that was likely present in the MS internal builds as they never were on the same path as us outsiders. Basically someone forgot to delete these before the code was published. If for some reason they do find that this hampers getting new builds, highly unlikely, they are easily added back in and I am sure Paul Thurrott would also post up about that.

Yeah, I suppose. Still makes me nervous, though. :)

Mark A

Yep, there is a way to do it (thanks to @GTiceman who posted the link in the excellent Win10 on Surface Pro 3 thread): http://winsupersite.com/windows-10/fixing-error-0x80246017-windows-10-build-9926
Thanks for that but I'm actually able to download the system hardware update 1/27/2015. It just continues to cycle back in and prompt my machine to download. I could turn off the automatic update but I'd rather figure out why it returns, even when it says it was successfully downloaded.
Screenshot (4).png

Johnd

Thanks for that but I'm actually able to download the system hardware update 1/27/2015. It just continues to cycle back in and prompt my machine to download. I could turn off the automatic update but I'd rather figure out why it returns, even when it says it was successfully downloaded.View attachment 5289
This update continues to return for me also. Pretty annoying. I seem to recall awhile ago an update kept returning and it had some thing to do with automatic scheduled maintenance which reset the status of the update so it kept coming back. I cannot find the reference now. I have tried turning off any scheduled maintenance but with out success yet.