What's new

Tell me what I'm doing wrong...

manoroid

I have the new pro 3 and I downloaded the newest intel driver on the website and things still looks a little pixelated when watching youtube and movies. I switched of the display power saving technology and things still look weird. I even did a 4k youtube stream and I still see little boxes. ( my internet is 60 down /60 up) Tell me if Im over thinking all this? Should it be this way or do I have some settings incorrect. The screen is super sharp for text but when I mostly watch videos I see lots of noise on the screen. Images also look a little overly sharp.

Last edited:

kundas1

maybe you didn't install the Intel drivers properly... maybe try putting back the original drivers and see if that fixes it...

bluegrass

I have 5/.6 - 5 megabit down & .6 megabit up and high def videos on YouTube look great. Some videos start at a very low resolution but offer higher. Make sure you're watching a video at 720 or 1080 if possible. I'm sure you would see some pixilation at lower resolutions. Maybe you can get a screenshot of what you're talking about. I only use the native IE desktop and MUIE for browsing.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Are you on battery? This has been an issue on the Intel GMA for a long while...you can correct through the Intel GMA Control Panel...

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Its plugged in. would you mind elaborating on the steps ?
I don't use the Intel Reference Driver personally as I found that it impacts battery life and Miracast Stability.

But will I load it and it will require me to reboot...so BRB :D

Launch the Control Panel
upload_2014-9-23_13-59-0.png

Select Video and adjust as needed until you get the profile you're looking for...
upload_2014-9-23_14-0-16.png

For Battery Performance chose Power and disable the Power Management
upload_2014-9-23_14-1-25.png

OP
M

manoroid

I don't use the Intel Reference Driver personally as I found that it impacts battery life and Miracast Stability.

But will I load it and it will require me to reboot...so BRB :D

Launch the Control Panel
View attachment 3767

Select Video and adjust as needed until you get the profile you're looking for...
View attachment 3768

For Battery Performance chose Power and disable the Power Management
View attachment 3769
ok Ive gone through all the other options with the driver settings and its weird. Adjusting the bars doesn't do anything in real time. Just within the picture in the driver settings. Maybe im just a perfectionist. Im just trying to get the best out of this display.