What's new

Toe nail fungus

godson594

I love this site but seriously the ad that pops up on the bottom has to be the most F'n disgusting thing i've ever been forced to see on a (tech) site.

Any way to block that?

Do you mean this?

2hibh8g.png

I love this site but seriously the ad that pops up on the bottom has to be the most F'n disgusting thing i've ever been forced to see on a (tech) site.

Any way to block that?

Use the forum's app in the Windows store.

Sent from the SurfaceForums.net app for Windows 8

Firefox and AdBlockPlus? Unless you're on the Surface RT, in which case I have no idea how to help.

There is a way to get Adblock style ad blocking on the RT. it is a simple procedure. I don't remember it off-hand but it is easy enough to google. I've done it and it works excellently. It makes the RT the best tablet (IMO) for web browsing.

Found an ad blocker for chrome that does the trick....

So you're on a Pro--yes, ad blocking is super easy otherwise. But I think most people don't know there's an option in IE10/11, which helps the RT. I use Opera on my desktop, which goes beyond just adblock lists, and I can disable all iframes and toggle Flash/javascript with only 2 clicks; so I had no idea what ads you were talking about until someone linked the actual picture (um, ew). :p

Back