What's new

tried out Windows 10

Have any tried windows 10 on your Surface Pro 3?

• Yes and really enjoy it

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • yes it is really buggy

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • just tried it out

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark Riggins

Hi,

I tried out windows 10 on my surface pro 3 for a day. I found that it was always running really hot, and I noticed that the battery life was really bad. I enjoyed many thing with the program. I liked the fact that we are given an opportunity to swap between RT mode and desk top when disconnecting the key board. I think I like the new start menu in desktop mode, though I unlike so many of the people out there who complain about 8.1, I really like it. I find it works very well on the surface pro 3. I personally can't understand what people complain about. With window 10, I really liked the fact that I could keep adding desktops and swapping between them, just like on my MacBook pro. I am also looking forward to Cortana though it is unavailable in Australia.

Because of the heat and the battery life issue I changed back to Windows 8.1, though I ended up with a corruption and had to wipe and reload 8.1 factory issue. Anyway, it was an interesting experiment, as is this trial run of the surface pro 3. I really enjoy this machine, though I still like my Mac. I am not really stuck on any brand, I am a bit open that way. Anyway, I am looking forward to greater things with Windows 10, and from my surface pro 3 in the future. This said, I will be waiting for when the wrinkles are ironed out.

My Win10 experience is great so far.

I am doing exactly the same things I was doing with Win8.1, and I have no problem at all. Everything runs great and cool. Zero heat problem and since the KB3035129 update, battery life is much better.

I am using Win10 as my main OS, on a daily basis, at home and at work.

The only thing I wish is that the final product will allow to remove the taskbar when in tablet mode, but apparently it's not going to happen.

Clark, I know you are new but there is already an entire thread dedicated to this discussion. When joining a new Forum always search to make sure your topic is not already being discussed.

We certainly don't need yet another poll, especially with that narrow poll selection. Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back