What's new

new user - from Canada

RémiM

Hi all,

I am a very new user since yesterday. I bought a SP3 256 8, sold my iPad Air, and decided to jump in the MS environment. I have not been using MS since 2002.

I am still using Linux as my OS of choice, this is the love of my life -- I wont change it for anything, but since yesterday I am enjoying a lot my SP3. The first use of Windows 8.1 was a little strange, and it took me a few hours to really understand how Metro and Desktop work together. Or don't work together... Which actually makes me really appreciate the possibility of having a full tablet experience and in a second being able to jump into a full desktop experience.

Everything went well. Updates, heat, fan, --> no problem so far.

Looking forward to enjoy my time browsing the forum and posting with the keyboard/cover (that I find really good despite some bad reviews).

Cheers from my beautiful city of Québec.

PS: does anyone know how to add the highlighter in OneNote ? --> I can only choose between 4 classic pens.

OP
RémiM

RémiM

+1 for Canada. Representing Toronto here. Welcome to the forum and to the Windows side of computing again.

Ah ! Nice :) My girlfriend is from Toronto (Oakville precisely).

Yesterday afternoon I spent hours creating my next class with onenote (I am a teaching and doing research at university). I liked a lot the experience. This software, associated with the pen, is just perfect. I think I am going to plug the SP3 to the projector and do my class writing on my SP3 instead of writing on the board. It is much easier, I wont lose time erasing the board every 10 minutes, I will be able to use colors and I will stay in front of my class all the time.

Just a little thing. I noticed that my kickstand is really loose from 0 to around 20 degrees. It is like butter. Then after, it becomes really tight. But there is always a good 2-3mm of slack if I hold the kickstand and try to move it a little bit. Is it serious doctor ?

Thanks for the warm welcome !

malberttoo

Ah ! Nice :) My girlfriend is from Toronto (Oakville precisely).

Yesterday afternoon I spent hours creating my next class with onenote (I am a teaching and doing research at university). I liked a lot the experience. This software, associated with the pen, is just perfect. I think I am going to plug the SP3 to the projector and do my class writing on my SP3 instead of writing on the board. It is much easier, I wont lose time erasing the board every 10 minutes, I will be able to use colors and I will stay in front of my class all the time.

Just a little thing. I noticed that my kickstand is really loose from 0 to around 20 degrees. It is like butter. Then after, it becomes really tight. But there is always a good 2-3mm of slack if I hold the kickstand and try to move it a little bit. Is it serious doctor ?

Thanks for the warm welcome !

My kickstand has the slightest amount of wiggle to it. Nothing of concern for me.

Your kickstand should open somewhat freely until it gets to an average position, at which point you should encounter much more resistance as you open it the rest of the way.

OP
RémiM

RémiM

My kickstand has the slightest amount of wiggle to it. Nothing of concern for me.

Your kickstand should open somewhat freely until it gets to an average position, at which point you should encounter much more resistance as you open it the rest of the way.

Thanks for your answer. My kickstand opens freely, almost without resistance, to around 20 degrees. Then the resistance becomes much more important. To remove my doubt, I will go to bestbuy and check by myself their sp3 on display.

Welcome, I'm from Cowtown, Alberta ... :)

Yay, thank you :) Alberta, the province where it was snowing last week and where it's +28°C today !