What's new

Turn off Tap on Touch Pad

phillymonster

Like the Surface Pro 2, I cannot find a way to turn off tapping gestures on the touch pad. It is the most annoying thing because the touch pad is so touch sensitive. I always accidentally tap it. Please say there is a way to turn off tapping, and don't recommend the Touchpad Settings app, which hasn't worked since the Surface Pro 2 came out.

wundram

Like the Surface Pro 2, I cannot find a way to turn off tapping gestures on the touch pad. It is the most annoying thing because the touch pad is so touch sensitive. I always accidentally tap it. Please say there is a way to turn off tapping, and don't recommend the Touchpad Settings app, which hasn't worked since the Surface Pro 2 came out.

Go to the metro PC Settings, under PC and Devices in mouse and touchpad there is a drop down box at the bottom of the page. I think it defaults to medium delay. Set it to "turn off taps"

touchpad.png

Bandito

I don't know if anyone else has noticed this or not, but the new touchpad on the SP3 is clickable. In other words, it physically clicks if you press down on it, just like the Apple trackpads do. If you press to the left of center, you get a left click and if you're to the right of center, you get a right click.

I'm not sure if disabling clicks on the touchpad will also disable physical clicks, but if it doesn't, you'll still be able to use the touchpad in the "normal" manner.