What's new

Type cover annoyance.

double07

While typing on type cover, I often time rest my thumbs or palms on mouse pad and accidentally put my cursor somewhere else while typing. All sudden, I am typing in the middle of the word or replacing words. How does anyone deal with this? Can the mouse pad be disable while typing? The typing one type cover is great. It's just that mouse pad thing....

OP
D

double07

After poking around a little more in the setting. I turned off the taps under mouse and keyboard. That seems to eliminate the accidentally cursor at the wrong location while typing. It is now more enjoyable using the type cover keyboard :p

kristalsoldier

After poking around a little more in the setting. I turned off the taps under mouse and keyboard. That seems to eliminate the accidentally cursor at the wrong location while typing. It is now more enjoyable using the type cover keyboard :p

Now...welcome to our world! :D

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Has this not been an issue since touch pads were first introduced? I recall this being a case with my laptop a decade or so ago. I adapted my typing. Or is this in comparisson to modern laptops having some kind of palm rejection? (i don't know if this even exists on touchpads, havn't used a laptop since my inspiron 8500 all those years ago.