What's new

Type cover shuts off Surface

Arizona Willie

If I fold my Surface up and the Type cover folds up against the screen -- it shuts the Surface off.

Is there a micro-switch of some kind in the Type cover that does this?

bosamar

Yes, it's designed that way. You can also fold the cover back without detaching it and use the Surface as a touch device.

OP
Arizona Willie

Arizona Willie

Thanks bosamar, I've done that too, but don't feel like it's a good thing to have it laying on the keys. I, so far, prefer to detach the keyboard for tablet use.

bosamar

Thanks bosamar, I've done that too, but don't feel like it's a good thing to have it laying on the keys. I, so far, prefer to detach the keyboard for tablet use.
That's what I do. If I'm in a chair using it the keyboard is always detached and I use it as a true tablet.

machistmo

I should put it to sleep. Mine is put to sleep when I close it. I believe its the proximity sensor near the camera that handles that feature, but yep bosamar is correct, its by design. You can probably change your power setting from when I close the lid Shut Down to Sleep.

callen525

If you want to change this setting, just go to Control Panel--> Power Options --> "Change what closing the lid does" and then you can pick Do Nothing, Sleep, etc.

Search tags for this page

does computer turn off when cover is closed

does the surface pro typre cover stay on the tablet

how to determine what surface pro does when keyboard is shut

my tablet keeps shutting down when keyboard is closed
surface coveer turns off
surface pro 2 screen shuts off

surface pro 6 close keyboard

surface pro randomly turns off

surface pro type cover sleep

surface typecover shut down screen

Members online