What's new

Type cover shuts off Surface

Arizona Willie

If I fold my Surface up and the Type cover folds up against the screen -- it shuts the Surface off.

Is there a micro-switch of some kind in the Type cover that does this?

Yes, it's designed that way. You can also fold the cover back without detaching it and use the Surface as a touch device.

Thanks bosamar, I've done that too, but don't feel like it's a good thing to have it laying on the keys. I, so far, prefer to detach the keyboard for tablet use.

Thanks bosamar, I've done that too, but don't feel like it's a good thing to have it laying on the keys. I, so far, prefer to detach the keyboard for tablet use.
That's what I do. If I'm in a chair using it the keyboard is always detached and I use it as a true tablet.

I should put it to sleep. Mine is put to sleep when I close it. I believe its the proximity sensor near the camera that handles that feature, but yep bosamar is correct, its by design. You can probably change your power setting from when I close the lid Shut Down to Sleep.

If you want to change this setting, just go to Control Panel--> Power Options --> "Change what closing the lid does" and then you can pick Do Nothing, Sleep, etc.

Back